Ipswich: Fire at town centre pub

IPSWICH: Firefighters cleared smoke from the loft space of a pub following an electrical fault.

A small fire broke out at The Swan, in King Street, at around 10.50am this morning.

The flames were already out when two crews from Princes Street station arrived.

An electrical switch in the first floor bathroom ceiling was to blame for the fire.

Firefighters stayed at the pub to inspect the loft space with a thermal imaging camera and clear the smoke left by the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus