Ipswich: Fire crews called to dishwasher on fire

Buildings evacuated after gas cylinder found leaking in van

Buildings evacuated after gas cylinder found leaking in van - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to reports of a fire in a dishwasher in Ipswich in the early hours of this morning.

The incident happened at 3.53am in Spring Road, Ipswich.

Crews from Princes Street attended the scene and arrived to find a two-storey semi-detached house heavily smoke logged.

Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and one hosereel to extinguish the fire.

Crews located the fire to the rear of the property and had extinguished the blaze by 4.20am.


You may also want to watch:


Firefighters made the property safe and ventilated the remaining smoke from the building.

An ambulance was also requested to attend for one person suffering smoke inhalation.

Most Read

Crews were back at base at 4.47am.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus