Ipswich: Fire crews give oxygen therapy to resident

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

THE OCCUPANT of a home in Ipswich has been given oxygen therapy following a fire.

The fire service was called at 2.36pm to a house fire in Alderman Road. Two crews from Princes Street were mobilised and an ambulance was also requested to attend as the caller was coughing heavily from the smoke.

Crews discovered a fire in the cooker which was made safe and began giving oxygen therapy to the occupant until the ambulance service arrived.

Crews returned to their home station at 3.04pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter