Ipswich: Fire in Chinese takeaway
FIRE crews have been sent to deal with a fire in a Chinese takeaway in Ipswich.
The fire was at the Aroma takeaway in Wherstead Road and had started in a deep fat fryer.
Fire control received the call at around 3.40pm and sent two appliances to the scene.
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance staff.
Delays were building up in the roads in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Appliances from Ipswich East and Princes Street attended the incident.
A fire control spokeswoman said they were treating the incident as accidental.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
One appliance is still at the scene after the fire was under control at 4.20pm.