Ipswich: Fire on top floor of guesthouse
Firefighters from Ipswich’s two stations were called to deal with an early morning blaze which started on the second floor of a guest house.
Two crews from Princes Street station were joined by colleagues from Colchester Road headquarters at the scene of the fire, in Crescent Road, Ipswich.
A small blaze had broken out in a second floor bedsit of a guesthouse, shortly before 4am.
The flames appeared to have been caused by burning paper in a sink.
Fire crews ensured everyone was safely clear of the building before extinguishing the flames within about 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
They remained on scene to ventilate the property before returning to base.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed