Ipswich: Fitting under way at John Lewis At Home in town
WITH the shell of the new Waitrose/John Lewis At Home superstore now complete, work to fit out the stores is now under way.
Teams are on schedule to complete the structure of the building ready for the centre’s opening.
Gavin Smith, occupation manager, John Lewis At Home said: “The internal fit out of the shop continues at a pace and we are on track for the November 8 opening.
“All interior walls are now built and the focus has been on the installation of the ground floor ceiling and the electrical infrastructure, including light fittings.
“The next couple of weeks will see the finishing touches really start coming together. Wooden flooring will be laid in the sales areas and the installation of shop fitting will commence at the start of October.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul Reeley, branch manager, Waitrose Ipswich said: “It’s amazing how quickly the team are transforming what was not long ago a piece of derelict land.
“The store is really beginning to take shape with the shell of the building now complete and the internal fit already well under way.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
“The floor has been laid, we are now preparing for the refrigeration to be installed and the signs should go up in the coming weeks.”
The first newly-recruited staff have started training for the two stores, and stock is expected to start arriving at the end of next month.
Will the new stores be good for Ipswich? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com