Ipswich: Footballer’s brother in court on rape charge
The brother of Premier League star Titus Bramble has appeared in court charged with raping a teenager.
Tesfaye Bramble is alleged to have raped the 19-year-old woman at the Vermont Hotel in Newcastle city centre in September.
The 30-year-old, of Stone Lodge, Ipswich, spoke only to confirm his name during the short hearing at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.
He did not enter a plea.
The case was committed to Newcastle Crown Court, where Bramble will appear before a judge on January 10.
You may also want to watch:
He was granted conditional bail.
Sunderland defender Titus Bramble, 29, was originally arrested and quizzed with his brother following the complaint, but the former Newcastle United player was released without charge.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
On October 21, Northumbria Police confirmed Titus Bramble had been released with no further action taken against him.