Ipswich: Friends in shock at sudden loss of ‘happy guy’ David
IPSWICH: Affectionate tributes and fond memories today continue to be shared by friends and family of a popular 22-year-old whose body was discovered in the river Orwell.
Those close to David Lee Dryden have called him a “lovely, courteous guy”. A family member said his parents had been left devastated by his death.
The results of a post-mortem on David’s body were due to be released today.
David’s body was discovered in the river near to Stoke Bridge on Saturday morning.
On Saturday night, friends organised a party celebrating his memory in Rendlesham, where dozens gathered to share stories and pay tribute.
You may also want to watch:
David, who attended Holbrook Primary School and the Royal Hospital School, was believed to have been a keen skater in the town’s park near Stoke Bridge.
The former Aberystwyth University student’s friend, Hamish Campbell, said: “He was just a happy guy with big ideas. He had a good energy and everyone down the skate park has been really emotional. Words can’t describe how his good friends are feeling right now.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
At the time he was discovered, David was on the county’s missing person’s list.
On Friday, his mobile phone was found on the towpath close to the skatepark by a member of the public who contacted his family.
Relatives conducted their own search before contacting police later that day.
Rescuers searched the waterfront and found a hat on the river bank before David’s body was found by Suffolk Police at low tide, at around 8am on Saturday.
n Did you know David and would you like to pay tribute to him? Call the news team on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com