Ipswich: Furniture Village opens new store alongside John Lewis and Waitrose at Futura Park
- Credit: Archant
A furniture chain opened its latest store at a retail park in Ipswich at the weekend.
Furniture Village unveiled its 40th outlet at Futura Park on Saturday.
Wayne Dennington, general manager of the Furniture Village store in Ipswich, said the company was “very much looking forward” to the opening of its 40th store after picking the town as their latest destination spot.
He said: “It is an exciting time for us and we believe Ipswich to be a great location for our new venture.”
To mark the opening of the store, free ‘Ipswich Almond Pudding’ tartlets were prepared by Suffolk Food Hall’s head chef for customers.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Robson, head chef at the Cookhouse Restaurant at the Suffolk Food Hall, said: “We had a great time experimenting with the original recipe in order to make a delicious tartlet version.”
Furniture Village is the UK’s largest privately-owned business of its type, employing 727 staff and offering more than 500 different furniture ranges from 40 stores across the country.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
To find out more, visit www.furniturevillage.co.uk