Ipswich: Girl, 15, raped after being invited for cup of tea, court hears
A SCHOOLGIRL was raped by a man while his friend held her wrists and covered her mouth with his hand, it has been alleged.
The 15-year-old had been invited by the men to a house in Rendlesham Road for a cup of tea but when she got inside the front door was allegedly locked behind her, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
The girl initially sat down on a sofa but felt nervous and decided to leave and was then allegedly slapped round the face causing her to feel dizzy, said Andrew Shaw, prosecuting.
She then found herself lying on the sofa with one of the men holding her wrists with one hand and covering her mouth with the other, while 30-year-old Aram Ahmad allegedly removed her trousers and underwear and raped her.
During the alleged attack the girl unsuccessfully tried to kick out at Ahmad and tried to bite the hand of the man who was holding her wrists, said Mr Shaw.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards the door had been unlocked and the alleged victim had been allowed to leave the house. She didn’t report the alleged attack immediately because she didn’t think anyone would believe her but went to the police three months later after she received an anonymous telephone call telling her there was video footage on the internet of her having sex with a man.
“She had no recollection of being filmed,” said Mr Shaw.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
Two days later the girl was near Norwich Court in Ipswich at around 6pm when she heard someone call her name and realised it was the man who had allegedly raped her.
She told him to go away but he grabbed her wrist and when she told him to let go or she would call the police he allegedly touched her breasts and laughed, said Mr Shaw.
Ahmad, of Norwich Court, Ipswich, has denied raping the girl in January last year and sexually assaulting her on April 29 last year.
He was arrested by police in July this year after he was involved in an accident and officers who checked the police national computer realised he was wanted on suspicion of rape.
Ahmad told police he had never met the girl and had not taken her to the address in Rendlesham Road or had sex with her.
The trial continues today.