Ipswich: Have you signed up for St Elizabeth Hospice’s Midnight Walk?
MORE than 1,000 people have signed up to take part in this year’s St Elizabeth Hospice’s Midnight Walk.
And with only a fortnight to go until the annual fundraiser takes place, organisers are urging walkers to confirm their places.
The carnival-themed night of fun on May 18 is sponsored by The Ipswich Star.
This year’s event – which is open to men for the first time – will feature an exciting line-up of entertainment to keep walkers and runners motivated.
Escape Reality, a free-running, acrobatic stunt group, IPSUM YP CIC, an African drumming group, fire-eater Lou Safire and Samba band Samboomba will perform at Ipswich Town Football Club, where the eight or five-mile route begins and ends.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Goldsmith, an Elvis impersonator will also be performing at the Royal George in Colchester Road, which is the first refreshment stop on the eight-mile route.
The acts have all pledged to offer their time for free.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
Midnight Walk organiser Leanne Carhart said: “With this year’s Midnight Walk being open to men and women, we wanted a unique theme and entertainment acts that would appeal to both genders and get participants warmed and fired up for their walk or run.
“We invited local groups to perform on the night and have been overwhelmed with the support of local people and I am delighted with the exciting and diverse entertainment we have signed up.”
The warm-up will be led by both male and female instructors.
Walkers and runners will also be able to get into the carnival spirit by donning fancy dress, including bunny ears, feather boas, flashing cow girl hats, light sabres, laser rings and sweat bands, which will soon be available from selected St Elizabeth Hospice shops and on the night.
Registration costs £15 and anyone wanting to sign up should do so before the closing date on May 15.
Visit www.midnightwalkipswich.co.uk or call 01473 707043.
All participants are asked to raise sponsorship for the hospice.