Ipswich/Hollesley: Luke Durbin murder suspect re-bailed
DETECTIVES today re-bailed a 41-year-old Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of murdering missing teenager Luke Durbin.
The 19-year-old from Hollesley vanished after a night out in Ipswich in 2006.
The murder suspect was arrested at a terraced house in the town’s Spring Road in June and questioned by officers from Suffolk and Norfolk’s major investigation team.
He was released pending further inquiries until September 18, when he was bailed again.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police suspect answered his bail this afternoon at the investigation centre at the constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters, where he was re-bailed until March 12.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, a 26-year-old from the Woodbridge area, who was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the murder of Luke is due to answer his bail on January 23.
Luke, of Hollesley, was reported missing to police by his mother on May 13, 2006.
- 1 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 2 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
The former Farlingaye High School pupil had gone out for the evening with friends on Thursday, May 11, 2006 in Ipswich and did not return home.
Extensive enquiries have taken place over the past six years and in 2010 the investigation was taken over by the major investigation team.
Earlier this year, police released previously unpublished CCTV pictures of Luke, believing it would help to find out what happened to Luke.
The search for Luke was taken on by the major investigation team around two years ago.
Over the past 12 months, investigators have searched railway lines, retraced the route he is believed to have taken and searched an area surrounding Foxhall Stadium, near Ipswich, where someone reported seeing Luke. An address in Ipswich was also been searched.
New footage of Luke approaching a taxi just after midnight in Cardinal Park was reviewed and released to the public in the hope that it would trigger someone’s memory.
Among the areas where officers have conducted inquiries was the bus station in Ipswich town centre, where Mr Durbin was captured on CCTV at 4am on Friday, May 12 as well as the area of Quay Side in Woodbridge.