Ipswich: Hospice charity calls for people to take part in enchanted walk
A HOSPICE is calling for support as it counts down to a special event for youngsters to raise money for the charity.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) is on the hunt for families to take part in an enchanted walk in Ipswich.
The annual Twilight Walk will see youngsters and their parents joining in a magical three-mile adventure.
The event, which raised �21,000 last year, has already attracted more than 150 entrants.
During the walk, families will visit the Treehouse gardens where they will meet an array of characters.
You may also want to watch:
Patsy Johnson-Cisse, of EACH’s fundraising team, said: “I’m so excited this year. I’ve met with Articus who provide the entertainment in our enchanted garden, and discussed the plans for pirates, princesses, fire-eaters, a pirate ship, a crocodile and so much more – it’s made me feel like a child again.”
The Twilight Walk, on October 13, will see children dressed as pirates and princesses experience an enchanted forest.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
The three-mile walk will set off from Copleston High School to EACH’s base in St Augustine’s Gardens at 6pm. Entry to the walk costs �6 per child, with adults taking part free of charge.
To get involved or to find out further information call Patsy Johnson-Cisse on 01473 237243. Alternatively, register online at www.each.org.uk