Ipswich: Hospital IT worker, pawnbroker and businessman charged after theft of computer equipment worth £180k from Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
A hospital IT worker, a pawnbroker and a businessman have today been charged after the theft of computers and equipment worth more than £180,000 from Ipswich Hospital.
The trio are also accused of selling items which were alleged to have been taken.
Andrew Leacock, 50, of Diamond Close, Ipswich - who is understood to have worked as a contractor at the Heath Road site - has been charged with theft by employee from Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.
It is alleged that between January 7, 2011, and May 30, last year iPads, desktop PC’s, HP laptops, keyboards and HP monitors to the value of £188,901.
Leacock is accused of concealing, transferring or removing criminal property between the two dates by selling computer equipment for money.
He is also accused of theft of boxes of copier paper from Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust between the same date.
Businessman Philip Goldsmith, 44, of Tuddenham Avenue, Ipswich, has been charged with handling stolen goods between Jaunary 7, 2011 and May 29 last year.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 4 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 6 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 7 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 8 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 9 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 10 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
These are said to include iPads, desktop PC’s and HP laptops from Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.
He is also alleged to have concealed, transferred, or removed criminal property by selling computer equipment for money.
Pawnbroker Shane Dawson of Surbiton Road, Ipswich, has been charged with handling stolen goods between the same dates as Goldsmith.
The alleged stolen goods included iPads, desktop computer and HP monitors from Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.
The 33-year-old is also accused of selling the equipment to make money.
Goldsmith and Dawson were arrested on November 19 last year. Leacock had been arrested on May 29 last year.
All three men were questioned at to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre after their arrests and released on bail pending further enquiries.
They have now been charged and bailed to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich on July 2.