Ipswich: IT regatta victory of Two10Degrees
A TEAM from Suffolk-based Two10Degrees emerged victorious from an IT industry sailing regatta at Cowes on the Isle of Wight.
Now in its 13th year, the popular event saw some of the biggest names in the industry gather together for two days of competitive racing and networking.
The 40-foot yacht Anticipation with the Two10 Degrees team on board featured in the largest racing fleet of the Silicon Cup, with 12 entries.
But the keenly contested racing saw Two10 Degrees, based at the Broomvale Business Centre in Bramford Road, Little Blakenham, near Ipswich, come away winners of the IRC2 fleet, after a closely fought battle with a team from HP.
The Two10 Degrees team featured a mix of experienced sailors and novices, some of who had to overcome both nerves and seasickness.
You may also want to watch:
During the event, the team also attended a charity gala dinner dance which raised more than �20,000 for the NSPCC, Dreams Come True and the Jubilee Sailing Trust.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour