Ipswich/London: ‘Cold-blooded executioner’ must serve 42 years behind bars

Daniel Bidace Anthony. Photo: Metropolitan Police/PA Wire

Daniel Bidace Anthony. Photo: Metropolitan Police/PA Wire - Credit: PA

A gunman who fled to Ipswich after cold-bloodedly executing a man and attempting to kill his disabled partner

was today jailed for a minimum of 42 years.

Drug dealer Daniel Bidace Anthony, 30, was arrested at a house in Kildare Avenue in June last year following the shootings.

The 30-year-old had fired twice at double leg amputee Amy Ashitey, 28, as she lay in bed.

One bullet pierced part of her lung and remains lodged in her body, while the other missed before the gun jammed, the Old Bailey heard.

Bidace Anthony had already killed Miss Ashitey’s partner, Dothan Gordon, in the living room of their home in Ealing, west London, during the attack in June last year.

He wanted to kill Miss Ashitey because she recognised him, jurors were told.

Most Read

Bidace Anthony showed no emotion as he was told he must to serve at least 42 years for Mr Gordon’s murder before being considered for parole.

He was also given determinate sentences of 36 years and 15 years to run concurrently for attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, respectively.

Judge Timothy Pontius said it was difficult to imagine a case involving a murder committed with such “cold-blooded and totally merciless deliberation”.

“You took Dothan Gordon from the room where he and Amy Ashitey had quietly been watching television, into the living room where, the evidence makes abundantly clear, you made him kneel on the floor, forehead against a stool, and then executed him with a single shot to the back of the head,” the judge said.

Prosecutor Jonathan Rees QC previously told the court that Mr Gordon was shot in the back of the head as he tried to act as a middle man in a £100,000 drugs deal.

He said: “This case involved the cold-blooded execution of a man and the callous attempted murder of a double amputee lying in her bed when she was shot. The man was trying to kill her because she had recognised the killer.”

Bidace Anthony, of Earl’s Court, west London, denied the charges but was found guilty by majority verdict yesterday.