Ipswich: Look-a-like tree in Christchurch Park gives town a ‘special place’ in Postman Pat’s heart after picture spreads on Twitter
- Credit: citizenside.com
A tree which could resemble Postman Pat has already won approval from the children’s favourite himself.
This picture of the tree, in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, and its gnarly features was sent in by iWitness reporter Val Bond and the first look-a-like suggested was the famous postie.
Pat first acknowledged the resemblance on Twitter, saying: “Can’t believe there is a tree that looks like me.
“Even though Cumbria is home, Ipswich now has a special place in my heart.”
On the Ipswich Star’s website and Facebook page people have been suggesting other doppelgangers for the tree.
The Goonies’ unlikely hero Sloth and Homer Simpson both received mentions, as did Sid the Sloth from Ice Age while Dunstan Dowling thought it could be an orc from Lord of the Rings.
But not everyone was entertained by the titillating timber.
Steve Shapland wrote: “It’s a tree. Get over it.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area