Nail salon to hold charity evening on Saturday to support Ipswich cancer sufferer Harrison Farrow
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
A nail salon in Ipswich town centre is to hold a fundraising evening on Saturday night in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Luxurious Nail and Beauty in Tower Street will host the event from 4pm to 7pm on Saturday March 9.
The event will raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust, a charity that store owner Sharon Bird first became aware of after hearing about Ipswich teenager Harrison Farrow’s battle with a rare form of cancer.
Harrison, 18, lives with plasmablastic non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a form of cancer which is believed to be the first case of its kind in the world for ten years.
The Teenage Cancer Trust has been instrumental in Harrison’s treatment, with Harrison having stayed at their facilities while undergoing chemotherapy.
“Myself and my team were very touched by Fiona [Harrison’s mother] and Harrison’s story and we had not heard of The Teenage Cancer Trust before,” Mrs Bird said. “As cancer is very close to my heart I felt this was a charity that we could help.”
You may also want to watch:
A selection of pop-up retail stalls will fill the salon, in addition to entertainment and refreshments.
Those attending are asked to make a £5 donation.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes