Ipswich: Man, 25, arrested and bailed following suspected arson incident in Chaucer Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested an Ipswich man on suspicion of arson after a house in the town was damaged by fire in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Firefighters were called to the property in Chaucer Road when the alarm was raised at about 3am. As well as the fire crews on scene, neighbours also helped to tackle the blaze using buckets of water.
Although nobody was reported to have been hurt in the incident, the fire did cause damage to the property.
Yesterday afternoon there was a board across the front door and scorch marks could be seen on the walls.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police today confirmed that a 25-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of arson.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on police bail and is due to return to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on August 22.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'