Ipswich: Man, 25, banned from town centre under terms of Crasbo
A MAN is today banned from entering the town centre after a court handed him a two-year criminal anti-social behaviour order (Crasbo).
Thomas Watchman appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Elm Street, Ipswich, where he pleaded guilty to a charge of using threatening words, behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 25-year-old was banned from entering Ipswich’s town centre as part of the two-year Crasbo, the court heard.
The area he is banned from is defined as being the area within Crown Street, Bond Street, Grafton Way and Portman Road.
Watchman is banned from stepping foot inside the area between 5pm and 6am each day.
The Crasbo was made after the court heard Watchman had been involved in a verbal altercation in Ipswich during which he threatened violence against another person.
Pc Faruk Ullah, of Suffolk police’s Night-Time Economy Team, said: “We are pleased with the decision by the court to grant the order, which will have a significant impact on controlling Watchman’s behaviour.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
“This should act as a warning to others that threatening and violent behaviour will not be tolerated in the night time economy and that offenders will be dealt with robustly.”
n Have you been a victim of crime? Tell us your experiences. Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org