Ipswich: Man, 72, held in headlock while thieves steal cash
AN elderly man was held in a headlock while thieves stole cash from his wallet.
The robbery happened in Hadleigh Road between a cafe and cycle shop, close to Sainsburys, at around 10.30pm on Boxing Day.
The 72-year-old was walking along the road when he was approached by two men.
One of the pair got him in a headlock before he handed his wallet over to the men.
The second man took cash from the wallet before throwing it back at the elderly man.
You may also want to watch:
The two men then ran off up Hadleigh Road.
The first man is described as mixed race, 5ft 7in and between 25 and 30 years old. He was of stocky build and had collar length Afro hair.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
He was wearing a black waist length bomber jacket.
The second man is described as black, between 25 and 30 years old, 6ft 2in. He was broad, with receeding shaved hair and was wearing a black coat.
If you were in the area and saw this incident or recognise the men from the description you are asked to call DC Ruth Hayter at the Ipswich CID Priority Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.