Ipswich: Man arrested for five alleged sex assaults
A MAN has been arrested after a string of sex assaults on buses in Ipswich.
The 34-year-old was arrested by police officers this morning on suspicion of five sex assaults over a three-month period.
The man, from Ipswich, is currently in custody at Ipswich police station where officers are waiting to quiz him.
He will be questioned in connection with an incident where a 17-year-old girl was allegedly attacked on a bus outside Lidl in London Road on Tuesday.
After getting on the bus at Tower Ramparts a man sat down next to the teenager and touched her inappropriately, it is alleged.
You may also want to watch:
The victim screamed and her attacker got off the bus while another passenger attempted to pursue him.
In September the suspect is believed to have attacked three women.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
On September 13 a 48-year-old woman was sexually assaulted on a bus in Dales View Road.
The following week a 20-year-old woman travelling on a bus in Foxhall Road reported being sexually assaulted on September 21.
Then on September 30 a 38-year-old was on a bus in Shepherd Drive when she was sexually assaulted.
On November 10 police officers received reports a 17-year-old girl had been sexually assaulted on a bus in Norwich Road.