Ipswich: Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Russell Capon detained at secure mental health unit
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of murdering Russell Capon has been detained at a secure mental health unit.
The 37-year-old was yesterday arrested at the scene in Saturn Road, Ipswich, where Mr Capon was found with stab wounds.
Police were called at around 2.50am to the incident.
Mr Capon, 37, of Ramsgate Drive, Ipswich, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was later declared deceased. A post mortem examination showed that his cause of death was as a result of stab wounds.
The arrested man, who had been taken to hospital after feeling unwell in custody, has since been detained under the Mental Health Act. He will now be detained at a secure mental health unit.
A cordon which has been in place around the scene of the incident will be reduced later today to a smaller cordon and a police presence will remain.
Detectives are continuing their investigation in to the incident and are urging witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 5 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 9 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 10 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
Call police on 101 to help.