Ipswich: Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Russell Capon detained at secure mental health unit
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of murdering Russell Capon has been detained at a secure mental health unit.
The 37-year-old was yesterday arrested at the scene in Saturn Road, Ipswich, where Mr Capon was found with stab wounds.
Police were called at around 2.50am to the incident.
Mr Capon, 37, of Ramsgate Drive, Ipswich, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but was later declared deceased. A post mortem examination showed that his cause of death was as a result of stab wounds.
The arrested man, who had been taken to hospital after feeling unwell in custody, has since been detained under the Mental Health Act. He will now be detained at a secure mental health unit.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon which has been in place around the scene of the incident will be reduced later today to a smaller cordon and a police presence will remain.
Detectives are continuing their investigation in to the incident and are urging witnesses to come forward.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Call police on 101 to help.