Ipswich: Man bailed over Chantry Park death
A MAN arrested on suspicion of murder has been released on police bail.
The 42-year-old from Ipswich was arrested after the body of Christopher Thompson was found in Chantry Park, Ipswich yesterday morning, Thursday 15 November.
He was taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) and has since been released on bail. He is now due to return on Tuesday 8 January 2013.
A 33-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman both of no fixed abode were arrested in the town today on suspicion of murder and taken to the Martlesham PIC, where they remain.
Chantry Park has now been reopened though some areas still remain cordoned off. Police would like to thank members of the public for their patience.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards