Ipswich: Man critically ill following attack outside The Smock pub
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital following an fight outside a town pub.
Police were contacted at approximately 12.15am this morning, following reports of a fight outside The Smock Public House on Maidenhall Approach.
Officers arrived and found a man with a serious head injury.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital by paramedics, but was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
A police spokesman said: “A 35-year-old man and a 44-year-old man, both from Ipswich, have been arrested in connection with the assault and are currently in custody at Ipswich police station pending further enquiries.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are particularly interested in speaking to people who were in The Smock Public House last night.
Anyone with any information in relation to the incident is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Did you see anything? Tell us your thoughts on the incident, call the newsdesk on 01473 324738.