Ipswich: Man dies after falling from Orwell Bridge
- Credit: citizenside.com
A man, believed to be in his 60s, has died this morning after falling from the Orwell Bridge.
Suffolk police were notified of the incident on the bridge at 5.10am, receving reports of an abandoned car on the bridge.
Police were also told there was a man on the parapet.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “A male has fallen into the river and has died.”
The spokesman added that the police dealt with the incident along with the ambulance service, the coastguard and the RNLI.
You may also want to watch:
The incident will now be referred to the coroner.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth