Man caught speeding on A12 five times in one week banned from driving
A driver caught speeding five times in seven days on the A12 has been given a £1,630 fine and disqualified for eight months.
Adam Elliott’s series of speeding offences took place in November last year.
The 26-year-old, of Woodbridge Road, Rushmere St Andrew, did not attend a trial hearing at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on Friday, October 5.
In a trial heard in his absence, the court heard he was driving at more than 80mph for each of his five offences.
He hit speeds of 85mph on three occasions.
You may also want to watch:
The first incident on November 8, saw Elliott driving at 85mph along the road in a Volkswagen Transporter.
From November 22 to 29, Elliott then committed four more speeding offences in a Renault, along the same stretch of road.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs
An automatic camera between Stratford St Mary and East Bergholt on the dual carriageway snapped Elliott speeding each time.
Elliott was subsequently disqualified from driving for a total of eight months.
Elliott has also been fined a hefty £1,630.