Ipswich man in court accused of killing father
A man has appeared before magistrates this morning charged with manslaughter.
Jordan Folkes is charged in connection with an incident at Sallows Close, Ipswich on Monday April 12.
The 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of ABH two days later but was last night charged with the manslaughter of Denis Folkes.
This morning he appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich for a short hearing.
Folkes, of Sloeberry Road, did not enter a plea to the charge and was remanded in custody. No date was set for the next hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident, 46-year-old Mr Folkes died at Addenbrookes Hospital on Thursday May 6.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move