Ipswich: Man in court charged with alleged arson at Chequers Hotel
A MAN was due to appear in court today in connection with three arson attacks in Ipswich.
Billy Parker, of Ranelagh Road, was charged with two counts of arson endangering life and another of arson after the incidents on Tuesday.
The 48-year-old was set to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court this morning.
On Tuesday police were alerted after a blaze at the Chequers Hotel in Ancaster Road.
When they arrived firefighters discovered a fire in a ground floor room at about 3.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the charges related to the alleged arson at the hotel as well as another two in the Ranelagh Road area, one allegedly involving a Jaguar car.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches