Ipswich man is second person arrested following alleged Stowmarket rape
- Credit: Archant
A second person has been arrested following an alleged rape in Stowmarket at the weekend.
A 45-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of rape and taken to Bury St Edmunds Investigation Centre for questioning.
The victim – a 19-year-old woman – reported to officers that she was raped around 2am on Easter Sunday in the vicinity of the Recreation Ground.
She is currently being supported by specialist officers as detectives continue their investigation, including forensic and CCTV work.
A 26-year-old man, who was arrested on Sunday night on suspicion of rape, has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of the Recreation Ground between 1.30am and 2.30am on Sunday morning, and who may have any information relating to this incident, to contact them.
Calls should be made to the West Safeguarding Unit at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference 17554/18.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.