Ipswich: Man is threatened with knives and robbed in Belstead Road
A 22-year-old man has been robbed of his mobile phone in Belstead Road in Ipswich, near St Mary’s Church, in the early hours of this morning.
He was walking home at about 1.15am and listening to music when he noticed two people in front of him - a man described as white with dark curly hair wearing a large pair of earphones and an older lady in front.
Moments later he heard a shout and was then approached by two other men who had a Rottweiler dog with them and came from the Rectory Road direction.
One of the men demanded he hand over phone and both offenders then produced knives.
The 22-year-old was threatened and, fearing for his safety, handed over his black Sony mobile phone.
You may also want to watch:
Both of the offenders are described as white and about 6ft 1in tall to 6ft 2ins tall.
One had broad shoulders but was of slim build, in his mid 20s to 30s, with dark bushy sideboards and a goatee beard, wearing a dark-coloured hat with a curved peak, a dark-coloured plastic-type material jacket and dark-coloured bottoms.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
The other was of a fat build, in his late 20s to early 40s, with a shaved head with blond bits of hair visible and wearing a dark jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone who saw them in the area or anyone with information about who they are is asked to contact Ipswich CID by dialling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.