Ipswich: Man pretends to be police officer while accomplice burgles home
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police are appealing for information after a distraction burglary in Ipswich.
The incident happened in Bramford Lane at around 12.30pm yesterday.
Two offenders broke into a property and disturbed the resident within. One of the men claimed to be a police officer searching for a missing child. The other man, who was holding a crowbar, began to make his way upstairs. The resident stated that he was going to call the police and the two men fled.
The first man is described as a white man, approximately 5ft 10in tall, of a slim build, with short black hair and stubble. He is aged between 28 and 30 and was wearing dark blue clothing, with a dark blue sleeveless jacket and dirty trainers.
There is not a description of the second man.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information relating to this crime or recognises the man described should contact DC Robert Simmons from Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 quoting IW/14/1458 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash