Ipswich: Man’s body found hanging from Princes Street bridge
A MAN’S body has been found hanging from a bridge in Ipswich
Two young people reported finding a body under the Prince Street bridge, in Ipswich, to firefighters at a nearby fire service shortly before 10.50am today.
Suffolk police and the fire service were called to the scene where the body of a man in his 40s was found.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “We were contacted at 10.50am by the fire service after two young people went to a fire station to report seeing a man’s body hanging under the bridge in Princes Street, Ipswich.
“Officers attended the scene with firefighters where the body was found.”
You may also want to watch:
The man, who has been identified by officers, is believed to be of Polish origin.
It is understood that he was homeless and possibly living in a tent by the river bed.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that paramedics were contacted by officers from Suffolk police.
He added: “We arrived and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Police are working to trace the man’s next of kin.
There are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances.