Ipswich: Man steals purse from woman in daylight theft in Cauldwell Hall Road
A man who stole a purse from a woman in a daylight street theft is at the centre of a police investigation.
The incident happened in Cauldwell Hall Road, between the Ringham Road and Upland Road junctions, in Ipswich at around 3pm on Tuesday.
A 45–year-old woman was approached from behind by a man who spoke to her before taking a black purse from her hand.
The offender fled the scene and was spotted running down Upland Road, a spokesman for Suffolk Police said.
According to police, the victim was not injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as a white man, aged in his 30s, approximately 5ft 5ins tall, had a blonde ‘crew cut’ hairstyle.
He was wearing a black tracksuit, dark coloured trainers and carrying a sports bag with orange writing.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
Witnesses are sought. Call police on 101 to help.