Ipswich: Man to stand trial for alleged kidnapping
- Credit: Archant
A man will stand trial charged in relation to a kidnapping in Ipswich.
Ishmael O’Connor, of Nacton Crescent, was arrested on Friday after medics at Ipswich Hospital released him following treatment for injuries he suffered as he fled from police officers as they executed a warrant at an address in Duke Street on May 13.
The alleged kidnap incident happened on March 4 in Bell Close.
Twenty-three-year-old O’Connor was charged with false imprisonment and GBH.
He appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on Saturday where he pleaded not guilty.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on May 30.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season