Ipswich: Man who raped woman twice in Woodbridge Road is jailed for six years
A RAPIST who was caught after his victim called police while he attacked her was today jailed for six years.
Denisas Boicovas had previously admitted raping the woman twice in east Ipswich as she walked home from a night out.
The 27-year-old, of Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, was arrested by police at the scene shortly after committing the assaults.
He was jailed today at Ipswich Crown Court.
The rapes occurred at around 3.30am on Sunday, March 26.
You may also want to watch:
Boicovas and the woman had been in Ipswich separately and it is understood they were unknown to each other before the night of the attacks.
Boicovas was said to have followed the woman along Woodbridge Road before attacking his 30-year-old victim.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
An area outside Ryder Davies and Partners veterinary surgery, near the junction of Woodbridge Road and Nelson Road, was cordoned off while the police inquiry got under way.