Ipswich: Man who was allegedly on way to Latitude festival is charged with drug offences
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
A 25-year-old man from Ipswich has been charged with drug offences after allegedly being arrested on his way to the Latitude festival.
Daniel Martin, of Belstead Avenue, is said to have been one of two men who were in a vehicle stopped by police on the A12 at Darsham.
There were detained on the weekend of the music and arts festival at Henham Park which took place between July 18 and 21.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said Martin had been charged with possession with intent to supply cocaine.
He is also accused of failing to provide a sample to see whether he had taken a Class A drug.
Martin was originally arrested along with a 32-year-old man from London on July 20.
They were taken to Martlesham police investigation centre at Suffolk Constabulary’s headquarters.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
After being questioned the men were released on bail pending further enquiries.
Martin was charged when he returned to the investigation centre.
Police have said no further action will be taken against the 32-year-old.
Martin is now due to make his first court appearance on the charges before Lowestoft magistrates on November 5.
He is currently on bail until then.
After the festival finished police said at least 14 arrests had been made. Most of them were on suspicion of drug offences.
More than 40 crimes were reported to officers relating to the hugely popular four-day event. These included 16 drug offences and 19 thefts.
A quantity of drugs including heroin, cocaine, Ketamine, cannabis and MDMA (Ecstasy) were also seized by officers.
Around 35,000 were said to have been on the Henham Park site over during Latitude.
Police said crime was comparatively low for the number of people who attended and was slightly down on the previous year.