Ipswich: Models needed for town’s first fashion week
- Credit: Archant
Have you got what it takes to strut your stuff down the catwalk?
Then head to DanceEast this Saturday to be in with a chance of taking part in the town’s first ever Ipswich Fashion Week later this year.
The week, which runs from October 8-12, will celebrate the season’s must-have trends and where people can go to recreate the looks.
Model casting sessions will be held from 10am to 5pm on Saturday at DanceEast and organiser Pam Davis is hoping that more than one hundred people will try out. Miss Davis, who owns style company, Fashion Candy, based on Ipswich Waterfront, has taken on the challenge of running the inaugural event in partnership with Ipswich Central.
She said: “We are casting anybody over the age of 16 up to 60.
You may also want to watch:
“The minimum height is 5ft 6ins but we are looking for both men and women, in all shapes, sizes and ethnicity.
“Those who are successful will have a paid role and will be rocking the catwalk on October 9.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
Ipswich Fashion Week will be held in the Corn Exchange and Town Hall.
It will consist of beauty, hair and style days as well as fashion shows highlighting the latest trends.
Miss Davis, 49, who has been modelling for more than 35 years, added: “We have got high street retailers including Debenhams, Marks & Spencer and River Island participating as well as local independents such as Coes, Urban Vintage and Marianna and town centre hair salons.
“We want to put Ipswich on the fashion map.”
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.