Ipswich: Momentum gathers for launch of Ipswich Has Got Talent
EXCITEMENT is building ahead of the launch of this year’s Ipswich Has Got Talent.
The show returns in October for the fifth year and this time the theme will be stage or film musicals.
Members of the public are invited to the launch on Saturday, where there will be five acts performing, plus refreshments.
Supported by Suffolk Constabulary and Ipswich Borough Council as well as the Ipswich Star, the show will see local talented stars sing a number of classics from shows including The Lion King and Mamma Mia.
Kevin Smith, representing the Ipswich Has Got Talent Committee, said: “We are really looking forward to this year’s event – it should be the best yet and we are encouraging all ages/groups from any background to come forward and show just how much talent Ipswich has. They can perform a song, dance to music or perform specialist acts, they can be alone, a pair, bands, or a choir – everyone is welcome.”
You may also want to watch:
The first audition will be at The Kingfisher pub on May 19 at 3pm, followed by The New Spread Eagle on June 9 at 5pm, Isaacs on June 16 at 11am and Revolucion de Cuba on June 30 at 3pm.
Tickets are already on sale for the final on Saturday, October 26, at 7.30pm at the Ipswich Regent. To book call the Regent Theatre Box Office on 01473 433100 or visit www.ipswichregent.com
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
Tickets for the launch, which takes place on Saturday at 1pm at Revolucion De Cuba bar in Ipswich, are free but limited. To get an invite call Kevin on 07798 888900.