Ipswich: Murder accused appears in court
An Ipswich man has appeared before magistrates today charged with the murder of a 36-year-old woman in the town.
John Grimwood, 28, of no fixed address, has been charged with murdering Alison Studd in Withipoll Street, Ipswich, on Wednesday.
He appeared briefly this morning at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court and also faced charges of wounding/GBH following an incident in Carr Street on Wednesday afternoon.
He was remanded in custody, with a bail hearing set to take place at Ipswich Crown Court in the next 48 hours.
He will appear again in court for a pre-trial hearing on Febnriary 10 and his trial is due to be held between June 20 and August 8.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Studd, who is believed to have lived in Pauline Street, died at Ipswich Hospital after suffering severe blood loss following a stab wound to her leg.
She was injured after an alleged incident at a home in Withipoll Street on Wednesday evening.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
A 29-year-old man and 59-year-old woman also arrested in connection with the Withipoll Street incident have now been bailed to return to Ipswich police station on March 29.