Ipswich: Murder charge trio appear in court
THREE men charged with the murder of a 45-year-old Ipswich man have appeared in court this morning.
Patrick Heggarty, 51, of Limerick Close, Ipswich, Christopher Page, 37, of Piper’s Court in Old Foundry Road and Timothy Bailey, 28, of Spring Road but formerly of Piper’s, appeared before Ipswich magistrates in three short hearings today.
The trio are accused of murdering Martin Edwards, who was found at his Piper’s Court flat in Old Foundry Road, by a neighbour around 11.30am on Christmas Day.
They were all remanded in custody and the case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court for a hearing tomorrow. No applications for bail were made.
The charge, read out in court, was “on or about the 24th of December, murdered Martin Edwards.”
You may also want to watch:
Four people, including a 36-year-old Ipswich woman, were arrested by police on suspicion of murder.
After being questioned by detectives from Norfolk and Suffolk’s major investigation team, the three men were charged last night.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
The 36-year-old woman was released on police bail until March 9, pending further investigations.
Results of a preliminary post mortem test have shown Mr Edwards, who was an alcoholic, died from multiple injuries.
A house in Limerick Close and a flat in Spring Road were among those visited by forensics teams over the past few days as part of the inquiry.