Ipswich: Murder investigation team name dead man as Russell Capon
- Credit: Archant
Police carrying out a murder investigation in Ipswich have today named the man who died in the stabbing.
Following formal identification, officers said the deceased was Russell Capon, aged 37, from Ramsgate Drive, Ipswich.
A post mortem was carried out yesterday afternoon and the cause of death has confirmed Mr Capon died as a result of stab wounds.
Police were called toa flat in Saturn Road, Ipswich, at around 2.50am yesterday after an initial report of a woman being stabbed.
Emergency services attended the scene where Mr Capon was discovered with injuries and was taken to Ipswich hospital but was later declared dead.
You may also want to watch:
A woman, in her 50s was also found at the scene with leg injuries. She was taken to Ipswich hospital and treated for her injuries but has since been released.
A 37-year-old Ipswich man who was arrested on suspicion of murder remains in police custody.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
The man, who was initially taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, is currently under police arrest at hospital after feeling unwell in custody.
A police presence and cordon remains in place around the address in Saturn Road while police continue with their inquiries.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the early hours of yesterday in the area of Saturn Road.
Calls should be made to the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.