Ipswich murder/suicide tragedy
MARIUSZ Lipinski, the man accused of murdering his estranged wife Malgorzata Lipinska, died after being remanded in prison it emerged today.
MARIUSZ Lipinski, the man accused of murdering his estranged wife Malgorzata Lipinska, has died overnight after being remanded in prison.
Lipinski was taken to Norwich Prison yesterday following his appearance before Ipswich magistrates on his 38th birthday.
Mrs Lipinska's body was discovered in a stairwell in the block of flats in Duke Street, Ipswich, where she lived, around midday last Friday.
Today, as we print the first picture of Mrs Lipinska, it emerged that Lipinski had threatened to kill his wife last year and had been charged with carrying a bladed article while on bail.
You may also want to watch:
Lipinski was rumoured to have been in a fragile mental state since armed police arrested him in the area of Stoke Bridge at around 5.30pm on Friday.
His appearance before magistrates yesterday was delayed by nearly three hours, fuelling speculation that he had already been seen by medics before being moved court from Ipswich police station.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Paramedics were called to the prison following the court hearing yesterday after Lipinski was discovered in his cell. An ambulance crew arrived to find him conscious and breathing but in need of hospital treatment
His case was due to be sent to Ipswich Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on August 6.
It is believed Lipinski, who was charged with murder on Monday evening, had been in the country for around three years after migrating from Poland and had at one point worked in the Elmsett area but was of no fixed address.
No-one from the Ministry of Justice, Suffolk Police or Norfolk Police have commented on the incident so far.