Ipswich/Nacton: Body of man found in river named as Gavin Francis
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man found in a reed bed at Orwell Country Park in Nacton on Thursday March 6 has been identified as that of Gavin Francis.
Police were contacted by a member of the public just after 9.50am on Thursday who reported they had found what they thought was the body of a man, that appeared to have been there for some time.
The body was recovered by the coastguard and police and taken to Ipswich hospital and has now been formally identified as Mr Francis, 44.
Mr Francis went missing on December 31.
He had been reported missing on January 1 after he was last seen at 5.45pm on December 31 when he left his home in Purdis Farm to go for a bike ride.
Police found his bike near the Orwell Bridge on January 2.
There are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances to his death.
- 1 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 2 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 3 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 4 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 5 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 6 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 7 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 10 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
His family have been informed and an inquest into his death will be held in due course.