Ipswich/Nacton: Body of man found in river named as Gavin Francis
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man found in a reed bed at Orwell Country Park in Nacton on Thursday March 6 has been identified as that of Gavin Francis.
Police were contacted by a member of the public just after 9.50am on Thursday who reported they had found what they thought was the body of a man, that appeared to have been there for some time.
The body was recovered by the coastguard and police and taken to Ipswich hospital and has now been formally identified as Mr Francis, 44.
Mr Francis went missing on December 31.
He had been reported missing on January 1 after he was last seen at 5.45pm on December 31 when he left his home in Purdis Farm to go for a bike ride.
You may also want to watch:
Police found his bike near the Orwell Bridge on January 2.
There are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances to his death.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
His family have been informed and an inquest into his death will be held in due course.