Ipswich: Old Foundry Road murder probe suspect re-bailed
A 36-YEAR-old woman arrested in a Christmas Day murder probe was today released on police bail for a second time.
The suspect, who is from Ipswich, was detained after the body of Martin Edwards was found at his home in Piper’s Court in Old Foundry Road, by a neighbour around 11.30am on Christmas Day.
However, subsequent enquiries by detectives from Norfolk and Suffolk’s major investigation team discovered the 45-year-old died on Christmas Eve.
Three men and the woman were detained on suspicion of murder on December 25.
The woman answered her police bail today. Detectives have now released her on bail again, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect must now return to Ipswich police station on April 14.
Hugh Hegarty, 51, of Limerick Close, Ipswich, and Christopher Page, 37, and Timothy Bailey, 28, both of no fixed address, have been charged with murdering Mr Edwards, who was an alcoholic.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
The trio are currently remanded in custody until their plea hearings at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday.