Ipswich: One of the busiest routes into town centre, Spring Road, will close from 8am tomorrow so investigation can take place into depression in road
- Credit: Archant
A major route into the centre of Ipswich will be closed during rush hour tomorrow morning so an investigation can be carried out into the cause of a depression in the carriageway.
Spring Road will be closed between Cauldwell Hall Road and St Helen’s Street from 8am – one of the busiest times for traffic and it is not known how long it will continue for.
The depression was first brought to the council’s attention on Wednesday. Workers were sent to the scene to investigate the damage.
It has now been decided that the area now needs to be closed so a “more thorough investigation” can take place.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and our contractors will work quickly in identifying the issue.
You may also want to watch:
“The investigation is necessary to protecting the safety of the public, which as ever, is our paramount concern.”
A diversion will be put in place through Cauldwell Hall Road, Foxhall Road and Grove Lane.
How will this affect you tomorrow? Write in the comment space below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors