Trianon Music Group searches for new members ahead of Great War commemoration concert
- Credit: GEOFF ROGERS
A music group based in Ipswich is searching for new singers and musicians to join its celebrated symphony orchestra and choir.
The Trianon Music Group is hoping to secure new members ahead of its next major concert on September 15.
‘Remembrance and Renewal’ will take place at Snape Maltings and will not only commemorate the end of the Great War but will also celebrate some of the events that followed, including women’s suffrage and the beginning of the jazz age.
The concert will be preceded by busking in aid of SSAFA – the armed forces charity, formerly known as Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association – and the Royal British Legion.
Artistic director and conductor, Professor Chris Green, said there were limited places available in the choir and orchestra, which are both non-professional.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, visit www.tmg.org.uk or contact 01473 727852.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton