Ipswich: Owner of stolen van followed his vehicle while informing police of incident – one arrested in relation to the theft
A man has been arrested after a van was stolen in Ipswich.
The theft of the vehicle, which belonged to a workman in the area, took place in Felixstowe Road at about 1.30pm today.
Suffolk police were informed about the incident by the owner of the vehicle, who is thought to have been following his van with a colleague in another vehicle.
The van was abandoned in Darwin Road, Ipswich, and the driver got into a dark blue Vauxhall Astra, which was being driven by another man.
The van’s owner continued to follow the Astra, which was later abandoned in Murray Road, near Nacton Road, and the occupants escaped on foot.
You may also want to watch:
One man was later arrested in relation to the theft and they are still trying to find the other man.
If you have any information, call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview