Ipswich: Pair to appear in court charged with air gun offences
A MAN and teenager are set to appear in court after being charged with possession of air guns in Ipswich.
The pair are set to face magistrates after the incidents in Rapier Street, New Cut West and Bath Street yesterday.
Derek Bias, 22, from Vernon Street, Ipswich has been charged with possession of an air weapon in a public place and possession of an air weapon when prohibited to do so for five years.
A 17-year-old boy from Ipswich, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with possession of an air weapon in a public place.
Both will appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on August 6.
A third person, a 16-year-old boy from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm in a public place. He has been bailed and has been referred to the Challenge For Change Youth Offending Service programme.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area around 9pm last nightwho may have information in relation to this incident to come forward.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
Calls should be made to Rob Ostler at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.