Ipswich panto stars revealed
FEE Fi Fo Fum! Coronation Street star Ken Morley and boy band heart throb of Blue fame, Antony Costa will take to the stage at Ipswich's Regent theatre in pantomime, it has today been announced.
FEE Fi Fo Fum!
Coronation Street star Ken Morley and boy band heart throb of Blue fame, Antony Costa will take to the stage at Ipswich's Regent theatre in pantomime, it has today been announced.
The stars will join the cast of Jack and the Beanstalk which will run at the venue from December 19 until January 10.
You may also want to watch:
Costa will play the title role of Jack while Morley will play the part of Dame Trot.
And Children's BBC character Raven will play the part of the villain as the giant's sidekick Fleshcreep.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
Theatre manager David Mansfield said: “This year's pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk at the Ipswich Regent is a giant in every way.
“Audiences will be able to laugh at the brilliant comedy of Dame Trot and her good for nothing son Jack, watch out for the crazy antics of Daisy The Cow, and be amazed at the tallest animatronic Giant to stride any English stage.
“The producers who brought you Peter Pan, Snow White, Cinderella and Aladdin are back with the big one and we are pleased to announce this year's all star cast.”
Tickets are from �5.
Mr Mansfield added: “It really is a giant of a panto. Ken Morley will be a fantastic dame and Antony Costa is certain to be a big hit with the ladies.
“With Raven from CBBC in the role of the giant's evil henchman we're looking forward to a very special pantomime.”
With traditional characters expected to include the Good Fairy and King Crumble, Mr Mansfield said further artists are due to be announced for the production.
Ipswich Borough Councillor Judy Terry who has responsibility for arts, culture and leisure in Ipswich said: “The Regent's annual Panto has become a firm favourite in the Christmas diary for families from Ipswich and across the region.
“This year's will be as fun-packed as ever, with a top line cast - a seasonal must see.”
Jack and the Beanstalk runs at Ipswich's Regent Theatre from December 19 to January 10. Tickets are from �5 and are available from www.ipswichregent.com or direct from the box office on 01473 433100.
Are you a panto addict? What do you think of the cast? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com